Massive Employment at EAC
More than 400 people are at present working for the various EAC Organs and Institutions in the 6 Partner States. While recruiting, the EAC seeks to secure the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence, professionalism and integrity.
With a mission to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration in order to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa, the EAC encourages and promotes new and better ways of doing business. If you are a national of one of the 6 EAC Partner States, you are eligible to apply to join the team.
Recruitment of staff of the Community shall as far as possible, be reflective of equal representation of gender and the Partner States.
Effective relationships between the various Organs and Institutions of the Community are geared towards promoting the successful attainment of the strategic direction and credibility of the Community.
EAC invests in Staff development and focuses on achieving organisational goals. Training is offered to Staff to assist in the development of skills required to fulfil their roles properly.
All persons working for the EAC (Organs and Institutions) shall not practice any form of discrimination. In the same vein, they shall be entitled to equal treatment irrespective of political inclination, gender, colour of skin, religion, culture, education, social status, ethnic affiliation or nationality.
While the Community recognises HIV/AIDS as a serious threat to the Community and takes all measures necessary towards its prevention, mitigation and control, it does not discriminate against any member of Staff, their families and any member of the Community in general infected with HIV/AIDS.
Warning to Job Seekers
There are job advertisements and offers that falsely state that they are from the East African Community. Please be aware that the East African Community does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process. See more about Fraud Alert.
EAC Employment Application Form
The EAC Employment Application Form is mandatory when submitting an employment application to the EAC. Download the EAC Employment Application Form Here.
Open Job Opportunities
- EACS: Director Customs
- EACS: Police Liaison Officer
- EACS: Principal Human Resources Officer
- EACS: Principal Civil Engineer
- EACS: Principal Administrative Officer
- EACS: Principal Health Officer
- EACS: Principal Civil Aviation Officer
- EACS: Senior Export Promotion Officer
- EACS: Senior Standards Officer
- EACS: Senior Budget Officer
- EACS: Senior Systems Analyst
- EACS: Security Officer
- EALA: Clerk
- EALA: Deputy Clerk
- EALA: Hansard Editor
- EALA: Senior Clerk Assistant
- EALA: Hansard Reporter
- EALA: Research Officer
- EALA: Network Administrator
- EACJ: Deputy Registrar
- EACJ: Senior Personal Secretary
- EACA: Deputy Registrar (Monopolies & Cartels)
- EACA: Deputy Registrar (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- EACA: Senior Personal Secretary
- EACA: Accounts Assistant
- LVBC: Deputy Executive Secretary
- LVBC: Human Resources Officer
- LVBC: Legal Officer
- LBVC: Information Technology Officer
- EAKC: Executive Secretary
- Deputy Executive Secretary (Projects & Programs)
- EAKC: Principal Research Development Officer
- EAKC: Principal Curriculum Development Officer
- EAHRC: Executive Secretary
- EAHRC: Deputy Executive Secretary Research
- EAHRC: Principal Knowledge Management Officer
- EAHRC: Principal Ethics, Regulatory & Research Environments Officer
- EAHRC: Senior ICT Officer
- EAHRC: Procurement Officer
- EASTECO: Executive Secretary
- EASTECO: Deputy Executive Secretary (Programmes & Projects)
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records .