It’s a new respiratory disease which is highly contagious and it’s mainly spread from person-to-person The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
1. Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID19) is a new respiratory illness that can easily be spread from person to person.
2. COVID-19 is spread through contact with droplets produced by a person who is sneezing or coughing or contaminated surfaces or objects.
3. COVID-19 can cause severe symptoms like fever, cough, headache, body aches and difficulty in breathing.
4. COVID-19 is preventable through;
–Washing your hands with soap and running water or using an alcohol based hand sanitizer,
– Keeping a social distance of at least 2 metres or 2-3 steps from people with flu-like symptoms.
– Avoiding shaking hands, hugging or kissing with people with flu-like symptoms.
– Staying at home and avoiding travel when you have flu-like symptoms.
5. Early detection and treatment can contribute greatly to survival of the patient.
6. COVID 2019 cannot be transmitted through air.