Merti Integrated Development Programme (MID-P) is a local NGO working with the communities in Isiolo County with offices in Merti and Isiolo Town. MID-P is registered with the NGO Coordination Board. Its mandate is to coordinate self-improvement actions by various communities based groups and institutions. MID-P has also invested in developing capacities of local CBO leaders on lobby and advocacy.
MID-P currently works in all the ten Wards of Isiolo County which have experienced adverse cases of disasters; drought, conflicts and floods and undermining development initiatives. The organization has worked for over 15 years with different partners like Communities, County Government of Isiolo, National Government, National Drought Management Authority (NDMA), Cordaid, Uraia Trust, Wetlands International, LVIA and RECONCILE.
MID-P jointly works with other partners on improving the resilience of the communities to the different development challenges. MID-P has been championing peaceful co-existence and sustainable use of the natural resources and enhancing social and ethnic cohesion. To address similar challenges and specifically those related to social and ethnic cohesion, MID-P will implement a one (1) -year United States Agency for International Aid (USAID) funded project entitles “Strengthening Social and Ethnic Cohesion in Isiolo County” under the umbrella of Safeguarding Democratic Space in Kenya (SADES-K). The project will be implemented in Isiolo County in partnership with and guidance from Family Health International 360 (FHI360), the County Government, National Government, Political Leaders and other partners. In order to fulfill this contractual mandate, MID-P is seeking for qualified and competent individual to fill the position of Programme Officer, on a contract for a period of eleven (11) months from September 2019 to July 2020.
Purpose of Job: The Programme Officer is responsible for day to day
management, implementation and supervision of project activities and results.
Applications are invited from qualified Kenyan Citizens with following academic and professional qualifications;
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related fields;
• At least 5 years’ progressive relevant work experience in social development, project administration and management, monitoring and
• Practical experience with providing strategic and technical advice on community development issues, knowledge and skills in M&E and provide training
• Experience in working with communities, local civil society organizations and government institutions. Have skills in negotiation, influencing and lobby and advocacy;
• Be diplomatic, culturally sensitive, result-oriented, innovative and a strong team player;
• Excellent English writing and communication skills;
• Proactive and able to work independently and actively engage with other stakeholders;
• Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders.
The successful candidate will perform the following key roles and responsibilities;
• Contribute to the achievement of the mission, goal and objectives of MID-P
• Contribute meaningfully to the Management Team
• Participate in the Management Meetings
2.Technical support and quality assurance
• Lead on the design and implementation of the Project: project cycle management, governance, financial management, policies, etc.
• Lead on design of training for Community Champions and other actors as necessary
3.Technical support and quality assurance of the processes of community and inter-community dialogues
4.Design and implement learning process
• Participate in design and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Plan/learning methodology.
• Contribute to the Knowledge Management
5. Planning, reporting and representation:• Develop individual monthly and 3-monthly work plans in consultation with the Executive Director (ED)
• Provide summarised monthly reports to the ED
• Lead on reporting to FHI360
• Represent the MID-P in County and National events as requested by the ED.
• Undertake any other task with competence that may be assigned by the ED.
Applicants meeting the above requirements should submit their applications – a cover letter, copies of academic/professional certificates, an up to date CV, names and contacts of three referees and be sent or hand delivered by close of business on Thursday 20th, August 2019 to:
The Executive Director
Merti Integrated Development Programme
Merti Qur’an Centre Waqf Building, Second Floor
P O Box 687- 60300
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to start working immediately.
MID-P is an Equal Opportunity Employer