DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania’s President John Magufuli on Saturday announced the appointment of 21 new ministers and 23 deputy ministers.
John Kijazi, the chief secretary, said in a statement that the President has also formed a new Ministry of Communications and Information Technology to be headed by Faustine Ndugulile.
Mr Kijazi said the recent appointment of Minister for Foreign Affairs and East African Cooperation, Palamagamba Kabudi, and Minister of Finance and Planning, Philip Mpango, remained intact, bringing the total number of ministers to 23.
According to the chief secretary, Magufuli appointed Elias John Kwandikwa as Minister for Defense and National Service. The ministerial post had remained vacant following the election of minister Hussein Ali Mwinyi as President of Tanzania’s Zanzibar in the October General Elections.
Some of the new Cabinet faces are Kitila Mkumbo who heads the investment portfolio under the President’s Office, Innocent Bashungwa who becomes Minister for Information, Culture, Arts and Sports, and Dorothy Gwajima, a nominated MP who acts as Minister for Health.
Also in the list are Mashimba Ndaki, Minister for Livestock and Fisheries; Damas Ndumbaro, Minister for Natural Resources and Tourism; and Ummy Mwalimu, Minister of State in the Vice-President’s Office responsible for Union and Environment.
Others appointed are:
- President’s Office Good Governance and Public Services – George Mkuchika
- Lands, Housing and Human Settlement Development – William Lukuvi
- Water –Jumaa Aweso
- Prime Minister’s Office (Policy, Parliamentary Affairs, Labour, Employment, Youth and the Disabled) – Jenista Mhagama
- Constitutional and Legal Affairs – Dr Mwigulu Nchemba
- Education, Science and Technology – Prof Joyce Ndalichako
- President’s Office Regional Administration and Good
- Governance – Selemani Jafo
- Energy – Medard Kalemani
- Minerals – Dotto Biteko
- Home Affairs – George Simbachawene
- Industry and Trade – Kigahe Laoneka
Lands, Housing and Human Settlement Development – Dr Angeline Mabula
- PrimeMinister’s Office (Policy, Parliamentary Affairs, Labour, Employment, Youth and the Disabled) – Patrobas Katambi
- Home Affairs – Khamis Hamza Khamis
- Finance and Planning – Mwanaidi Ali Khamis
- Education, Science and Technology – Kipanga Juma Omary
- President’s Office Regional Administration and Good Governance – Dr Festo Ndugange
- Energy – Steven Byabato
- President’s Office Good Governance and Public Services – Ndejembi John
- Communications and Information Communication Technology (ICT) – Kundo Mathew
- Livestock and Fisheries – Pauline Gekul
- Minerals – Francis Ndulane
- Works and Transport – Godfrey Kasekenya
- Prime Minister’s Office (People with Disability) – Ummy Nderinanga
- Water – Maryprisca Mahundi
- Information, Culture, Arts and Sports – Abdallah Ulega
- Vice President’s Office Union Affairs s and Environment – Mwita Waitara
- Foreign and East African Cooperation – William Olenasha
- Natural Resources and Tourism – Mary Masanja
- President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government – David Silinde
- Agriculture – Hussein Bashe
- Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly – Dr Godwin Mollel
- Constitutional and Legal Affairs – Geofrey Pinda