KENYA SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT
Empowering the Public Service
The Kenya School of Government is a State Corporation established to offer management training, research, consultancy, and advisory services to the public and private sector. Article 5 (h) of KSG Act (No. 9 of 2012) empowers the School to ‘Conduct examinations and award diplomas and other forms of suitable awards to successful candidates’.
The Public Service Commission transferred management of the Civil Service Promotional Examinations to the Kenya School of Government with effect from January 2, 2015.
- CALL FOR EXAMINERS
The School seeks applications for examiners in the following subject areas:
|S/No.||SUBJECT||NUMBER OF EXAMINERS|
|2.||Government Organization, Management and||4|
|3.||Values and Principles in Public Service||4|
|4.||Management of Public Finance and Procurement||4|
|5.||Socio-Economic and Entrepreneurship||4|
|6.||Regional and International Co-operation||4|
|8.||Peace, Safety, and Security Management||4|
- OBJECTIVE OF THE ENGAGEMENT
The overall objective of the engagement is to undertake a capacity building program as a test developer for the Administrative Officers Examination revised syllabus, 2019. Detailed Terms of Reference and other engagement terms will be provided to successful applicants.
3. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ENGAGEMENT AS AN EXAMINER
Applicants will be required to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Academic and professional qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant subject area
- Master Degree in a relevant subject area
- Professional qualification in the subject areas of interest, where applicable
- Work experience
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in teaching, research, and professional practice or other relevant engagement
- Evidence of work as a contracted examination professional in examination bodies will be an added advantage.
- Other requirements that successful applicants will be required to demonstrate include;
- Compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Ability to work within strict timelines as KSG shall specify
- Ability to maintain security, confidentiality and integrity of the examination process
- OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- Examiners should apply for not more than two (2) subject areas in order of priority and expertise
- The areas selected should ideally be in the same subject cluster
- The application should be in soft copy (PDF format) and not more than three pages
- Other guidelines are as per the advertisement
Applications should be addressed to the following:
Kenya School of Government
P.O Box 230030-00604
So as to reach the undersigned on or before November 20, 2020.
Prof. Ludeki Chweya, Ph.D., CBS