Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources Department
REF: Amref/Human Resources Assistant/2020-10
|1.1||JOB TITLE||Human Resources Assistant|
|1.2||REPORTING TO||Human Resources Officer|
|1.3||DEPARTMENT||Human Resources – Shared Services Centre|
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit www.amref.org
- JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Human Resources Officer, the role will provide administrative support to the HR department. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of efficient and effective HR service and support as required.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
HR Records & Information Management
- Maintain an efficient and effective filing system for HR documents, including the management of staff files by ensuring that all staff documents are up to date.
- Organize HR fileserver and manage the archiving of HR documents as per Amref policy.
- Support in coordinating staff inductions.
- Support in employee offboarding process and prepare reports on the same.
- Support in coordination of recruitments by scheduling and preparing interviews documents.
- Collate timesheets for staff in assigned projects
- Prepare payroll for short-term/ temporary staff
- Prepare defined monthly demographic staff reports on probation; staff numbers; joiners and leavers and other reports as requested.
- 1 REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS 1 Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in HRM / Social Sciences or other related fields
- Diploma in Human Resources Management is an added advantage
- Member of IHRM
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Experience working in an international NGO will be an added advantage.
- Experience working n a busy HR office environment is required.
- Proficiency in ICT including knowledge of HR online systems e.g. HRIS, Navision etc ;
- Detailed understanding, knowledge and experience of HR functions;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Team building skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Analytical skills
- Customer service orientation
- Knowledge of basic HR principles;
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Able to work accurately with attention to detail
- Effective use of technology and department procedures to assist in achievement of objectives
- Fluency in spoken and written English
How to apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a Cover letter in PDF specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to Amref Health Africa (2 pages max) and an updated CV in PDF (3 pages max) with subject line: Amref/Human Resources Assistant/2020-10 to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th October 2020
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.