FILLING OF THE POSITION OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
The National Council for Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) is a State Agency established by The Persons with Disabilities Act No. 14 of 2003. The mandate of the Council is to promote and protect the rights of persons with disabilities. To fulfill this mandate, The Board of Directors, seeks to fill the position of its EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
The Executive Director is responsible to The Board of Directors for the implementation of the National Council for Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) strategic goals and the management of its resources including giving direction and leadership for the achievement of its mandate. In addition, The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations and administration of the Council.
Job and Person Specification
- a) Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of The Executive Director will entail: –
- Provide strategic leadership in accordance with the mandate of the Council as stipulated in the Persons with Disabilities Act, 2003;
- Develop and ensure the implementation and review of the Strategic Plan and annual plans of the Council;
- Oversee and supervise implementation of regional and international instruments (domesticated through the Persons with Disabilities Act, 2003) on Persons with Disabilities like; the United Nations Convention of Rights of the Persons with Disabilities and the Optional Protocol;
- Responsible for the day to day management of the affairs of the Council;
- Ensure proper management of the funds and property of the Council;
- Ensure implementation and fulfillment of the policies and agreed objectives, performance targets and service standards of the Council;
- Provide guidance as required on all matters within the Councils’ responsibility;
- Member of the Board;
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Council in order to achieve its objective and goals; and
- Perform any other duties necessary for the furtherance of the objective of the Council.
Requirements for Appointment:
This position is on three (3) years contract, renewable once subject to satisfactory performance in accordance to Mwongozo. For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Bachelor degree;
- Master’s degree;
- Professional qualification and membership in good standing, where applicable;
- Leadership course lasting not less than six (6) weeks;
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- At least Eighteen (18) years’ experience in management of public or private institutions;
- At least 7 years’ experience in senior management; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and skills
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Ability to mobilize resources;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in IT applications;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills; and
- Strong communications and reporting skills
A basic salary range of between Kshs. 250,000 – 270,000 per month; House allowance of Kshs. 60,000 per month; and Responsibility Allowance of Kshs. 40,000 per month;
This is provided in accordance to the NCPWD Medical Scheme.
Annual leave of thirty (30) working days per leave year. A leave allowance of Kshs. 50,000 payable once a year.
Official transport will be provided for use on official duties except when on leave as stipulated in relevant Government Regulations and guidelines.
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to fill in a NCPWD application form enclosing curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates and a copy of national identity card as well as Chapter 6 clearances to the address below by 7th September 2020. Additionally, they should provide names and contacts of three referees.
Applications should be posted to the following: –
The Chairman – Board of Directors,
National Council for Persons with Disabilities,
Waiyaki Way – Opp. ABC Place and Next to Kabete Barracks, P.O Box 66577 – 00800,
Attention: Head of HRM&A
NCPWD is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, women and people from marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
The newspaper advert on the 18th August, 2020 had directed that applications be made to the Ag. Executive Director. Kindly note this has been amended and applications should be addressed to the Chairman – Board of Directors. All other details remain un-changed.