The Paul G. Allen School for Global Animal Health
30th July 2020
Washington State University – Global Health Program (Kenya)
Vacancy No. W079
The Washington State University – Global Health (WSU-GH) Program (Kenya) in collaboration with the Kenya Medical Research Institute, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Centers for Research on Emerging Infectious Diseases East and Central Africa (CREID-ECA) are planning a community SARS- CoV-2 seroprevalence survey in households in Nairobi county in August-September 2020. The survey aims to generate data to better understand the burden of COVID-19 in Nairobi City county.
The study has the following openings:
Position: Research Assistants (10 Positions)
Location: Nairobi County
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Contract Duration: 4 weeks
The successful candidate will be responsible for locating households, obtaining consent from study participants, conducting clinical assessments, conducting participant interviews, and helping with sample collection from consenting participants.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Locating the structure and households to be sampled using assigned coordinates.
- Obtaining informed consent from eligible respondents in the selected households.
- Interviewing and completing the electronic questionnaires from all the eligible respondents in the households.
- Conducting clinical assessments for participant with acute respiratory illness (ARI).
- Support collection of blood samples and nasopharyngeal/oropharyngeal swabs.
- Making call backs to interview respondents who could not be interviewed during the initial visit.
- To keep all information collected strictly confidential.
- To timely submit all study documents and materials as scheduled.
- Complying with all policies and regulations related to safety, cleanliness and enhanced infection prevention and control measures recommended for COVID-19.
- Minimum diploma in nursing or clinical medicine.
- 1-year work experience, preferably in community settings.
- Experience conducting a household survey will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili (written and oral).
- Residents of Nairobi City county and its environs preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Good communication and interaction skills.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send in their applications.
- Cover letter highlighting your suitability for the advertised position.
- Current CV with contact information (phone and email addresses) of three (3) references.
- Copies of relevant certificates and transcripts by 2359Hrs (EAT) 12th August 2020 to email@example.com
Indicate “Research Assistant- Seroprevalence survey “ in the subject line of your application email. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WSU is an equal opportunity employer; we do not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
More information about Washington State University – Global Health Program, Kenya can be found at www.globalhealth.wsu.edu